The Beginning – 1920s
- The National Association chartered the Real Estate Exchange, formed in 1913 by a group of 20 real estate men, as the Tulsa Real Estate Board on January 1, 1920.
- The Board hired its first Executive Officer and rented its first office.
- The Board established a sales associate membership category.
- The first woman was granted REALTOR® membership.
- The Board held the first Home Show.
- The Builders Division of the Tulsa Real Estate separated from the Board to form the Tulsa Home Builder’s Association.
- Through efforts of the Board, the Real Estate License Law was enacted and became effective on January 1, 1950.
- 1951, the Board developed its first Standard Contract.
- The Board rejected a recommendation to form an MLS and several members organized a separate Multiple Listing Service with 30 charter members.
- 1957, the Tulsa Real Estate Board purchased its first office, a two-story house at 13th and Boulder.
- Board established mandatory orientation course for new sales associates.
- Board and MLS merged and Board established MLS as a separate corporation.
- 1968 MLS first computer – a talking computer nicknamed Charley.
- 50th anniversary – name changed to the Metropolitan Tulsa Board of REALTORS®.
- The Board sold its 13th and Boulder office and built its present offices.
- First female elected Board president and second female elected MLS President.
- In 1976, the Board and MLS purchased an in-house computer and for the first time, the Boards’ membership records and billing system were generated by computer rather than manually.
- Board developed voluntary Seller Disclosure form.
- Tulsa County Assessor assessment records added to MLS computer system.
- Buyer brokerage entered Tulsa market
- Board added environmental inspection and right to cancel contract if inspection not satisfactory to the Board’s Standard Contract of Sale form.
- The Board purchased its first desktop computer with word processing and laser printer.
- 1991 Board name changed to Greater Tulsa Association of REALTORS®
- Established Commercial and Investment Division (CID) and developed commercial forms.
- REALTOR® and Sales Associate of the Year awards established.
- Bylaws of the MLS amended to allow offers of cooperation and compensation to buyer brokers.
- Building remodeled the building and Board Store established
- MLS purchased new state of the art computer system and arranged to have digitized color photos to go online.
- GTAR Foundation established.
- 1995 legislation passed requiring Seller Disclosure and fax-on-demand system was installed to allow members to access the Seller’s Disclosure anytime.
- Legislation passed eliminating agency and establishing statutory duties of the real estate license. GTAR and MLS forms and training revised to accommodate change.
- MLS was 100% online with the new MarketLinx Tempo system, MLS Books went away
- MLS became an Internet Provider Service for members, which gave all members an e-mail address and established the GTAR/MLS web site with publications, forms etc. available to members.
- The Supra Display Key system was introduced in preparation for new infrared key box.
- Mobile apps began to surface in the real estate industry.
2010 - Current
- Mobile Apps continue to evolve into home searches for both members and the public.
- Zillow passes Realtor.com as the #1 public search site.
- NORES begins servicing 3 other Oklahoma Associations with MLS services
- Northeast Oklahoma Real Estate Services (NORES) changes its name to MLS Technology, Inc in order to remove the geographic reference
- 31 of Oklahoma’s 77 counties are now primarily served by MLS Tech.
- Sentrilock replaces Supra as the Key & Key Box system